OpenCart is an online resource that was built to make life easier for merchants and customers to interact. Based in an Open Source environment, this shopping cart solution gives you to ability to have your business be search engine friendly with a user interface that is welcoming and inviting. If you’re an online retailer, you’ll likely need shopping functionality on your website, and OpenCart is one option to help you and your customers complete the shopping tasks easily.
Here are a few benefits that come from using OpenCart:
- Plugins. The OpenCart system offers you a wide variety of plugins. The newest edition of the free version offers you about 1,500 plugins, which helps you customize your website to meet the needs of your business and your customers’ needs as well.
- Support. The OpenCart community is pretty substantial. You’ll have access to technical support for those sticky questions that you just can’t seem to get answered. There are community forums where fellow OpenCart users and some skilled programmers are always happy to give you input, as well. Found a bug? There is a quick and easy way to report it on the OpenCart website so you can submit a ticket and get back to whatever you were doing in no time.
- Script. The script architecture for OpenCart is based in a popular program called MVC (Model-View-Controller). Because of the popularity of this script foundation, there are plenty of folks out in cyberspace that are familiar with this script, which gives you optimal access to help when needed. This script is also XHTML compliant.
- Server Resources. Because OpenCart doesn’t necessarily have as many built-in features as some of its competitors, it is far less strenuous on the server systems that power it. Adding just a few plugins shouldn’t affect the speed and efficiency of your OpenCart website much at all. Adding tons of plugins to your site could, eventually, weigh on the speed and efficiency that you and your user’s experience, but having just a few basic features makes the use of OpenCart speedy and easy.
- Dashboard. OpenCart’s administration is particularly easy for new users to understand. The admin panel is neat, clear, and easy to understand and manage. For newbies, these are all important factors to getting your shopping cart site up and running. The user-friendly nature of this program extends from the admin dashboard to the experience of your consumers.