TeeGee Digital are looking for an creative web designer who would be responsible for maintaining and designing new websites.
The main duties of this role will include designing and maintaining multiple websites as well as being responsible for the overall user experience and ensuring that it is user friendly and aligns with the clients brand guidelines. Other duties include project management and keeping up do date with new and emerging technologies or applications which could be integrated in to the business.
Candidates must have experience of creating websites and mobile sites and be able to show a portfolio of recent work which demonstrates your skills and experience.
Role and Responsibilities
- Developing all projects with UX/UI in mind.
- Developing for both desktop and Mobile usage with a “mobile first” mentality due to our customer base being mobile heavy.
- Developing, testing and evaluating designs.
- Presenting designs to managers, producing details of specifications and outlining designs.
- Agreeing timescales and specifications with managers.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with colleagues.
- Updating / managing existing websites
- Producing graphics / banners
- Must have a portfolio of work
- Must have an understanding of responsive design and best practice
- Must have knowledge of WordPress
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design software
- An understanding of CSS pre-processors such as Less or Sass
- Experience of CMS – Magento & Opencart
- Understanding of search engine optimisation
- Proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML and CSS
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication
- The ability to prioritise and plan effectively
This role will be suited to someone who has the knowledge and experience of creating and maintaining websites and wants to grow with the company, over time the role may develop to incorporate search engine optimisation techniques, project management, social media and web server management.