Are you a client of ours and started to experience email issues, this maybe down to a setting within your mail client.
To help troubleshoot the issue, please try the following:-
All our website packages come with webmail, this allows you to access your email on any computer via your internet browser, to access webmail follow these steps
- Go to your website in your internet browser
- In the address bar append /webmail to the url (for example www.yourdomain.co.uk/webmail), press enter / go
- You should then see a login screen
- Input your email address and password
- Once logged in, click on your email address in the top right corner, a dropdown will appear, click on Configure Mail Client
- On this page, towards the bottom will contain the server settings that you should use in your mail client.
You can also access your emails via webmail, in which click on the webmail logo in the top left, then if it askes you to choose a default webmail application, I recommend roundcube.
If you can access your emails via webmail, then this shows there is not a issue with the email account itself, but a setting on your computer / email client.
Check incoming and outgoing mail server
The incoming and outgoing mail server within your mail client should be in the following format:- mail.yourdomain.co.uk (replacing yourdomain.co.uk with your website address, for example we will use mail.tandgwebdesign.co.uk).
Depending on your mail client the location of the incoming and outgoing mail server can vary, but typically if you follow these steps you should be able to locate them
- Open up your mail client
- Click on File | Menu
- Locate Accounts
- Click edit | change
- Under server information, look for incoming and outgoing server
- If these are not mail.yourdomain.co.uk then edit these replacing yourdomain.co.uk with your website address
- Click save, verify settings
In Outlook you can access this via:-
- Open Outlook
- Click File > Account Settings > Account Settings
- Select the email account you want to check, click change
- This should show a screen which includes the incoming and outgoing server address, ensure this is mail.yourdomain.co.uk (replacing yourdomain.co.uk with your website address)
- Click Test Account Settings to ensure the settings are correct